Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Dodge 2500 ram: 94 dodge 2500 not charging new alt. 0.9 volt

94 dodge 2500 not charging new alt. 0.9 volt to CPS is PCM bad?

Ok, voltage is regulated by the Electronic Voltage Regulator(EVR), which unlike most makes and models, is not located in the alternator but rather the PCM(powertrain control module). The EVR is not serviceable by itself and when it fails the PCM must be replaced. So yes, you are correct that the PCM is at fault

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so from what I have told you have I done every thing I can to check this problem

Yes, you have done all you can do to confirm the problem is with the PCM and can be confident replacing it will resolve your issue

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for
Your time

you are welcome and have a good Sunday!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Eric,
I replaced the PCM with no luck, and the alt. ,CPS, checked all fuses cleaned all harness connectors ,grounds still the same gave up . Started it and went to town about 10 min. later it started charging and dash came back to life . And that's the way it works now ! Confuzed , mabe bad wire ???? Thanks

possibly a loose wire at the pcm. try doing a wiggle test on the wires and see if it stops and starts charging agina