Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner
22989858

Dodge RAM 1500 4x4: Need help replacing Cv axle cant get the

Customer Question

Need help replacing Cv axle can't get the piece near the differential to go on half shaft quarter inch to long
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Compare the new axle to the old one if they are identical then just simply lineup the new axle in this line and hit the end of it with a block of wood many times it takes a sharp impact to force the axle past the snap ring and firmly into the front differential
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We can not get the new axle on to the shaft and into the wheel bearing at the same time I have a lifted dodge and so it is bent at an angle
You must remove the lower ball joint first so that the spindle will then swing out-of-the-way