Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner

Dodge Stratus R/T: I have A 2001 dodge stratus R/T with 3.0.

I have A 2001 dodge stratus R/T with 3.0. After driving for at least five miles when i stop i can smell burnt oil and sometimes can even see some white smoke around the front of the car. I have steam cleaned the engine and used dye in the oil and have tracked the leaks to the the ends of the exhaust manifold it appears to be leaking from the studs only on the ends of the manifold. Both ends of the front side and right side of the rear. How is this possible please help.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. This problem can occur sometimes when you have a cracked cylinder head, what you'll need to do is remove the manifold and pressurized the cooling system see if the leak is coming from inside the port or through the bolt hole hole itself
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I would be looking for a coolant leak ? Because I can lay under the car while running the engine and watch oil form on the exhaust manifold stud until it drips. Would I not see a coolant leak while running the engine? The car is not using any coolant.
OK you whether it's Oil or coolant it's the same process will we need to do is remove the manifold so we can determine if the oil is coming down thru the bolt or directly out of the port
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if its coming out of the port it would be valve guide seal. I have read that this can be a problem on earlier 3.0 is this still the case with 2001 3.0.
Yes exactly that's all we need to determine if it's inside the port or not?