ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified CJDR Master

2004 dodge ram 1500: many o2 sensors..5.7 hemi

Customer Question

How many o2 sensors does my 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi have and where are they located ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 2 years ago.
2 on each engine bank (left and right side). 1 is always before the cat converter and the other is after or sometimes in the middle of the cat converter. But you have 4 on your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My truck only has one catalitic converter
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry you are correct here is a picture of the o2 sensor location on your vehicle. Your only has two. In 2005 they went to 4 sensors.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would an evap system leak cause an check engine light to say that my 02 sensor is still out ?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 2 years ago.
Yes an EVAP leak would cause your check engine light to be on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am getting a code p0456 any good idea Wat that could be ?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 2 years ago.
This is a code for a small EVAP leak. The most common cause of this is the LDP (leak detection pump) failing. But it could be and actual leak some where in the system which can only be found with a smoke machine because the leak is going to be smaller then a pin hole. But its most likely a LDP but cant say for sure with out smoke testing it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks but say I replaced both o2 sensors already but I'm still getting the check engine light p0132 Wat else could it be ?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 2 years ago.
It could be the PCm or the wiring causing the issue. Also chryslers products are very sensitive to what o2's you use. If you use aftermarkets it can still set the code. Thats why with o2's i always recommend going factory