Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical Master,Diesel Specialist, Lead Tech/shop foreman
12781541

2007 dodge Ram 1500: p013c code came up...oxygen..pipe..exhaust leak

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge Ram 1500 81000 miles. A p013c code came up. I changed out the bank2/2 oxygen sensor....Same Code, Took 2 feet of exhaust right behind 2/2 sensor and installed a 2 foot sleeved pipe,to eliminate any exhaust leak. Same code.bank 2/1 removed and the cage around it was melted open. replaced that 02 sensor... Same Code....sensor 1/1 same Problem melted cage .....No Code for that 02 sensor. I am a Mechanic,I do have 18 years in the repair business. I fix every ones else car but I get the worst problem ever with my own vehicle. There are no modifications to this truck.It has had a K&N air filter since I purchased the Truck brand New. The oil is changed every 3000 miles , she runs great, but I a major emission failure. I dont want to cause any damage by allowing this to go on. I have been talking to Identifix everyday and no solutions yet. Thanks for help ! Kurt
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
We actually have ran across three trucks in the past few weeks doing the same thing.
After multiple O2 sensor replaced, PCM repaired vehicles.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did call The dealership I buy from. They said they are selling alot of PCM's. Should I exhaust Any further Diagnostics (I have al lthe equipment in the shop) Or should I go for the $398.00 gamble.
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
That is part of the problem, In the diag for the code, it never list the PCM as a failed component.
So, you can do the diag steps over and over, and never get the correct outcome.
I spent almost a week with the first on, after one of the guys on my team replaced all four O2 sensors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My inspection is over due by a month now and I have been working on in between customers and after hours.....I did notice that 2/1 02 sensor had some crazy eratic wave forms on the Verus...but I was figuring it would lead to my problem....No Pcm failure codes came to
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is the same thing I was fighting at work two weeks ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help....I am going to get one tomorrow .....is there a way to get back in touch if it works or doesnt work???
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
Yes, just come back to this question. I will get an email if you post something else.
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience: Electrical Master,Diesel Specialist, Lead Tech/shop foreman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a ton....talk to ya soon! !!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for all your Help. I installed a Computer last night, Chryler came and Programmed it for me and after a 3 trip 65 mile drive cycle, all is good. All monitors Are satified and I put my inspection sticker on today. Yhanks again Chad... K wolf
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
Glad to be able to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure how this works...If I click Accept answer do I pay Again ????? I was figuring a Thank you was in Order !!!!
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you hit the accept button I get paid again.
I am not real sure how it works for you.
If you have a subscription, I think you only pay once for an accept in a question.
Or there is always a bonus that the customer can do.
But either way........ You are Welcome.