Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

2004 dodge intrepid: thermostat

Was wondering if anyone could show me or tell me where the thermostat is for a 2004 dodge intrepid
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
The thermostat is located on the lower left side of the engine closer to the front of the engine.
It is not easy to replace, you will need to put it on a hoist and probably remove the engine mount and/or alternator to get to the thermostat housing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would I need to change the thermostat if I have to keep on putting water in it or should I check other things
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
If you have a faulty thermostat, your engine will either overheat or not get hot enough.
If you have to keep pitting water, you probably have a leak so I would have it pressure tested to find a leak.
A faulty thermostat could not be a reason for adding water unless a have a leak within its housing. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do u have it pressure tested
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
There is a cooling system pressure tester available to test the system. You just connect it to radiatoror expansion tank and then create some pressure. if you have a ny leak, pressure will drop and you can see the leak.