Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

dodge: security light..control lights..lights wont turn on

Customer Question

Hi three, I have a dodge Caliber 2007. While driving the security light and the Electronic Throttle control lights came on. I turned the car off and then tried to turn it on, but it won't turn on. The FOB won't work, but all other electronics seem to work. The lights don't dim at all, so there seems like there is battery power, but the starter doesn't engage at all. Please help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can help you with this. Sounds like your Wireless Control Module (WCM) has failed. We see this every now and then. Try this: Disconnect the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if it will start. If it does, then get the car to the dealer and have the WCM replaced or the software in the WCM updated. If the battery disconnect/reconnect does not help, then get the WCM replaced and programmed to your key(s).

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.