Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge technician
17254274

2004 dodge: diesel automatic..automatic transmission does not shift

2004 dodge diesel automatic transmission does not shift out of low until 3000 rpm
cruise control does not work right sometimes disengages
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Daniel :

Welcome to Just Answer. We are working on a fast accurate answer Based on the info you have provided. Your time and my time are both Very important.

Daniel :

HI I'm Daniel

Daniel :

Do you have any codes?

Daniel :

and can I have them, It seems their may be a speed sensor issue

Customer:

check engine light came on but went off a day later it seems though that after that the cruise

Daniel :

Ok auto zone will scan your codes for free. You may have a bad speed sensor I am looking through diagrams now.

Customer:

woulg disengage under while going up hill on flat ground it would work with no problems

Daniel :

ok thanks

Daniel :

is this the same with 3000 rpms and shift?

Daniel :

works good with flat but going up hill it has trouble

Customer:

will a zone do trucks ps no shifting prblm just sterted today

Daniel :

Yes they will no problem

Daniel :

how long had cruise been going on?

Customer:

flat ground i meant w cruise control no problem there

Customer:

about a week sometimes works sometimes not

Daniel :

the speed control servo is under battery tray and hoses and servo needs to be checked for leaks. and you will need to get to auto zone to check codes. did a transmission light come on at all.

Daniel :

these are vacuum hoses

Customer:

no will do a zone is speed sensor something a novice can fix

Daniel :

Yes. Its not to bad.

Customer:

driver side battery box????

Daniel :

lol good question

Daniel :

drivers side

Daniel :

if you need repair info come back to me ok. even after accept.

Daniel :

Check your fluid in trans and smell it to see if it smells burnt.

Daniel :

if it was a shift solenoid it would throw a code but not always and since cruise is acting up we can check engine codes.

Daniel :

Please do reply back with any questions you have. you only click on accept once. and thats the only charge.

Customer:

ok will get back to you im about 200 m from home truck has never redlined can idrive it home wo damage it runs well once it shifts no trans smell no fluid problems truck has 150k but alays well maintained i will accept if info is ok i will do feedback and will gladly do gratuity thank you

Customer:

anything else off the top of your head if not i will accept

Daniel :

You are very welcome. 200 miles is a long way. I cant promise it will make it or or wont cause any damage but you can stop if you feel any shifting problems at the higher speeds.

Customer:

anything else if not i will accept

Daniel :

I wouldnt push it after that. and limp it home I wouldnt go over 58 miles an hour if you risk it

Daniel :

just make sure you you follow up with me when you get code.

Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience: Dodge technician
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am check to make sure you can get back to me. and that you tell me codes so we have more to go on.

Thanks Daniel