Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

2006 dodge charger: 2.7l..oil light is on at idle..raising rpm

I have a 2006 dodge charger with a 2.7l engine. it has 95000 miles on it. the oil light is on at idle, but when raising rpm's it goes off. oil is full, no engine noise. what might i need to be checking?

Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

From what you are describing here, it sounds very much like you have a failing Oil Pressure Sensor. These Dodge sensors have a very high fail rate. Most commonly, the internal resistance of the sensor fails, and the sensor has a hard time reading the correct pressure while at idle (and more commonly when warm, rather that cold, when the oil gets thinner). This sensor is located on the lower, passenger's side, and is best accessed from under the vehicle (with the splash shield removed). Inspect the electrical connector for any loose, broken or oil soaked wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor should solve the problem.