Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified A6,A8,L1 and California Licensed Smog Technician

2008 ram 1500: with 5.7 hemi..boost horsepower and torque..specs

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi. What can I do to boost horsepower and torque to later model hemi specs?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.

Brad :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you.. Here are the specs:

Dodge trucks equipped with the first generation (2001-2008) 5.7 liter HEMI generate 345 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 375 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm with a compression ratio of 9.6:1. Second generation HEMI truck engines (2009-present) topped out at 390 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 407 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm with a compression ratio of 10.5:1

The difference in your Hemi(Gen 1) to the (Gen2) is 45 HP and 32 Ft-lb of torque.. In order to get your's to the Gen 2 Spec's you could add a programmer, cold air induction, and Cat-back exhaust.. This will put you at or above the Gen 2 Spec's..

I hope that my info has helped you and gave you some insight to your question..

If you need anything else, feel free to ask

Thanks,
Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which programmer? There are so many to choose from.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Jim replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am another tech here at just answers, the other tech has given you the correct information to increase the horsepower of the vehicle. If you are looking for a programmer, I think the one that gives you the most options and easy to use is the predator.
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified A6,A8,L1 and California Licensed Smog Technician