-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge Grand Caravan LE: I need to change the blend door actuator

I need to change the blend door actuator on the passengers side 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you..

Brad :

Here is a pic of the actuator, just a sec while I get directions

Brad :

BLEND-AIR DOOR ACTUATOR

REMOVAL

The air conditioning system can be equipped with either a standard, single blend-air door actuator, or it can be equipped with dual actuators. The dual system has separate blend-air controls. This allows for separate control of the driver's side air, and the passenger side air.

1. Remove the lower left side steering column cover. Refer to Instrument Panel and Systems.

2. Remove ABS control module.

3. Remove blend-air actuator connector.

4. Remove blend-air actuator.

INSTALLATION

5. For installation, reverse the above procedures.

6. Perform the HVAC Control Calibration Diagnostic and Cooldown test. Repeating the test is necessary to clear the fault codes.
    Full Size Image

^^^^^^^^ That is the ABS Module

Here is the actuator:

Full Size Image

Brad :

When you remove the actuator, turn the piece that the actuator splines into.. If you can turn it around and around... The door is broke and the entire HVAC Unit will need to be removed in order to replace the door..

Brad :

If you need anything else, feel free to ask...

Brad :

Well I want to Thank You for choosing JustAnswer. It was my pleasure assisting you, and if you have any future questions feel free to Request me

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-dodgetech77/ Thank you and have a greatday!!!!! Brad