ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech / and dodge ,jeep,and chrysler certified thec,with 28 years exp on general automotiv

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport: V8 4 wheel drive trans..plate

Customer Question

Service manual for my 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4.7 V8XXXXXshows options for a the 4 speed auto trans of DGK (42RE), DGW (44RE) and DGT (46RE). My truck's code plate shows DGB shat transmission is this? Any idea why it is not listed in the service manual?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 4 years ago.

ricardo hohl :

Hi, the engine in your truck is a 4.7 liters engine and the only transmisswion that will feet that engine is the 45RFE transmission is a newly designe first time excellent transmission build for that truck on that year and are still in production this year, the reason it does not show in your manual is because you were provided posibly the wrong manual from 1999 1/2 year were they were only installing 42re,44re,and 46re transmissions.

ricardo hohl :

you need to see your dealers parts department give them the production date of your truck located on the sticker at the door and they will provide you with the right book.