-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

99 dodge: 1500 4x4..whats..diffrence and how to tell trans

in a 99 dodge 1500 4x4 the transmission is a 46 re OR 46 rh whats the diffrence and how to tell trans # XXXXX 2868 6312 help please

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you..

Brad :

The Difference in a 46RE and a 46RH is that the 46RH is a hydraulic governor and the 46RE is a Elecrtonic Governor.. How you can tell the difference just by looking is that the 46RE will have a Black 8 way connector and the 46Rh will have a White 2 way.. But all the 1999 models were 46RE. The 46RH was in 1996 and back

graphic

This is a 46RE....

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Well I want to Thank You for choosing JustAnswer. It was my pleasure assisting you, and if you have any future questions feel free to Request me http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-dodgetech77/ Thank you and have a greatday!!!!! Brad