Neal
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth
17294534

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT: how to fix error codes P0731 and p0876

how to fix error codes P0731 and p0876
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Are you having any symptoms? Have the codes been cleared oonly to have them return? It is going to take a diagnostic to determine the cause.

Here are the possible causes for P0731, the P0876 is likely just a symptom of the P0731

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have cleared the codes and the transmission light has gone off,the truck will move but has trouble moving forward. it still has error codes but transmission light is still off. I drove this truck all day last Saturday and parked it that night with no problems. It got very cold that night and the next day it would not move.
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

It might just be a solenoid issue which is common on those, but it will take a diagnostic to know.