tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  looking forward to helping you with your dodge and getting you back on the road

Dodge truck 2500: replace drivers seat cover on 2007 ram

Customer Question

replace drivers seat cover on 2007
ram truck
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tripletauto replied 2 years ago.

tripletauto :

hello i will be happy to assist you

tripletauto :

to start with you need to remove the drivers seat

tripletauto :

remove the recliner handle there is a screw in the middle of it

Customer:

any special instructions or things to look out for. Any special tools required

tripletauto :

no it is pretty straight forward

tripletauto :

remove recliner handle power seat controls if you have them

Customer:

then what

tripletauto :

and remove j straps that hold cover to frame

Customer:

are they bolted, screwed

tripletauto :

straps are just hooked on

Customer:

then what

tripletauto :

this is for seat bottom are you changing seat back also?

Customer:

no

tripletauto :

once you get seat out you will see them they just clip to the frame all you do is unhook them

Customer:

then what

tripletauto :

pull cover off it will be velcored to the indention parts

tripletauto :

vecroed

tripletauto :

velcroed, sorry cant spell today

Customer:

what do you mean by indention parts

tripletauto :

how the seat is molded the ends come up around your legs

tripletauto :

there is a seam rt there where cover is tucked in looking

tripletauto :

it will be attached to the cushion with velcro

tripletauto :

the j straps are a long plastic channel that attaches to the frame you just unhook this and cover will come loose

Customer:

I probable want to replace the foam cushion as well. How is it connected

tripletauto :

once you have cover off it will just pop off cover holds it in place

tripletauto :

it will probably come off with cover

tripletauto :

it is not a very hard job just be careful the seat frame will have some sharp edges will cut you easy

Customer:

Will the cover pop back on or do I need to replace the pops

tripletauto :

cover will go back on

Customer:

how long should it take and can 1 person do it alone

tripletauto :

when i say cover i mean the seat cover

tripletauto :

it is about an hour job

tripletauto :

figure about two hours since you have not done before

Customer:

thanks

tripletauto :

no problem

tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: looking forward to helping you with your dodge and getting you back on the road