-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Dodge R/t: 07 dodge hemi 5.7 with no oil pressure

07 dodge hemi 5.7 with no oil pressure
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you... Are you sure it has no oil psi?

Brad :

Have you tested it with a manual guage, and is engine making noises?

Customer:

No! the car is saying it has no pressure

Customer:

Its making a slight tick sound.

Brad :

Ok, It sounds like the Oil pump has failed and you will need to drop oil pan and replace

Brad :

I wouldnt drive it, running an engine without oil pressure will ruin an entire engine

Customer:

is that hard to do

Brad :

You will need to lift up vehicle and remove pan, its not that difficult.. But I dont know your mechanical skills

Customer:

ok, i can do that

Customer:

is the pump east to take out?

Brad :

Ok, when you get oil pump, make sure to get oil pan gasket, oil and filter also.... Inspect for metal in pan....If you see exessive metal...The bearings are bad also

Customer:

sorry easy

Brad :

You will also need to remove the front timing cover...

Brad :

I will get you instructions.,,,,Just a sec'

Customer:

ok

Brad :

09 - Engine, 5.7L/Lubrication/PUMP, Engine Oil/Removal

REMOVAL

Full Size Image
Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure

Full Size Image

1.Remove the oil pan (Refer to 09 - Engine/Lubrication/PAN, Oil - Removal) .

2.Remove the timing cover (Refer to 09 - Engine/Valve Timing/COVER(S) , Engine Timing - Removal).

3.Remove the four bolts (2) and the oil pump (1).

Customer:

I just changed the oil filter and new oil about 30 min ago

Brad :

I would tear it down first to see if you see exessive metal, if you do..you are going to have to rebuild or replace

Brad :

You did say the engine is tapping loud didnt you?

Customer:

no, slight tick

Brad :

Has the tick always been there?

Brad :

Im asking because there is a flash(update) that fixes the oil light

Brad :

Does the engine sound normal to you?

Customer:

yes

Brad :

Ok, look at this..

Customer:

engine sounds normal

Brad :

LINK

Brad :

Just download it....I think this will correct your issues... You had me worried when you said you engine is ticking...

Customer:

ok bro, thanks

Brad :

Take it to your nearest Dodge dealer and tell them you need your PCM updated for the Oil light... It usually costs 1 hr labor...which is anywhere from65-95.00 per hr

Brad :

You should be good to go then....

Brad :

Have I answered all of your questions?

Brad :

And its fine to drive until you get a chance to go also

Customer:

yes you did. What do you mean its fine to drive

Brad :

You will not cause any damage to anything until you can get this updated... The oil light is a electrical error, and if your engine sounds like it always has, it has got oil pressure..So dont worry

Brad :

And make sure you use the oil type that is on oil cap

Customer:

Good to know , thanks for your help

Customer:

ok will do

Brad :

You are welcome... If you are satisfied with my help, please click ACCEPT and leave a positive feedback, that will make my day... Feel free to request me next time you have any questions...Have a great night, Brad

Customer:

thanks will do

-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience: 16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.