Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

dodge: showing a p0203 code injecto circuit open #3 when I accelerate

i have a 06 dodge 5.9 showing a p0203 code injecto circuit open #3 when I accelerate and let off the truck keeps accelerating
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX am a Certified Auto Technician with 25+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible.

That code, I would say about 85% of the time means you have a bad injector #3. The way to test to be sure is remove the valve cover and use a ohm meter and check the resistance of the injectors, the spec is more than 0 ohms and lest than 1 ohm, you will likely find that #3 injector is out of spec, if it is .9 ohm or higher, I recommend replacing that injector. This should fix the problem.....

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, clicking "Accept" is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!