Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Experience:  Have owned/operated an automotive repair shop for the last 19 years working on all makes and models of vehicles
25077074

Dodge Dakota SLT: Check engine light? Dealer found code p0300,

Check engine light? Dealer found code p0300, mutiple cylinder misfire and code p0306, misfire cylinder 6. New plugs, switched #4 and #6 coil, good fuel pressure, fuel sample contaminated w/ too much water/ethanol, drop and drained tank, drain and clean fuel lines, mopar fuel service done. Light came on after 60 miles. Code p0306 found by auto parts retailer as before taking 2004 dodge dakota 3.7L to dealer for service. What is really wrong with my truck?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Canadafix replied 5 years ago.
Hello.
Welcome to Just Answer.

With what you have already done and with fuel contamination verified it could certainly be a bad injector on #6.

Is this miss noticable when you are driving?

Thank you.
Bernie
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Miss is increasingly noticable while driving. Was only slightly noticable while idling, especially when cold.
Expert:  Canadafix replied 5 years ago.
Hello.
After the servicing was done on the fuel system, did it improve any?
I noticed the P0300 was not showing again.

I did a little research in a database I have. Found a few that are saying these engines are common for carbon buildup on the valves.

Also in cases such as yours a few guys mentioned having to do an injector clean 2 or 3 times before it was cleaned sufficently.

I suspect that the #5 injector is getting a proper signal as it is working. With the symptoms you describe I think that it may be the injector itself.
Either replace it or switch it to another cylinder and see if the miss moves to the cylinder you install it into.

Your comments or questions welcome.
Thank you.
Bernie
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
p0300 only showed on the dealers test. p0306 showed at Advance auto before and after dealer service. P0300 never showed at Advance. Never ran poorly enough to notice before check light came on. 150 miles after service running poorly but not audibly missing.
Expert:  Canadafix replied 5 years ago.
Hello.
Thank you for the reply.

That pretty much confirms my suspicions on the injector itself being the issue here.
#6 injector is probably not flowing enough fuel.

Either try another injector cleaning or do the swap like I had mentioned.

(Sorry about the typo on the #5 earlier)

Thank you.
Bernie