-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

5.9 cummins..90hp injectors and was going to upgrade..lift pump

SO I have a few questions, I am looking to get some power out of my 2007 5.9 cummins. Now I wanted to run 90hp injectors and was going to upgrade to a stage II cp3. and FASS lift pump. my biggest concern is in the mechanics of this. How do the lift pump and CP3 tie into each other, basically what are their jobs as far as how they compliment one another. second what would be the best turbo set up for this. And these modifications with a edge programer, exhaust, cold air intake, exhaust manifold, and high ram intake require head studs?

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you...

Brad :

The Lift pump is the pump responsible for getting the fuel from the tank and supplying the Injection pump with it.....And the Injection pump takes the fuel that the Lift pump has supplied it, which is around 10Psi and sending it to the Injectors with pressures up to 23,500 psi before the Pop-Off valve releases the Psi

Brad :

The factory head bolts are rated for 40 Lbs/Boost...That is all your stock one will put out even if you had a programmer on it..Now if you change turbo and you are going to be building 45+ Lbs/Boost, then Head Studs are required...

Brad :

Im not sure what exactly what level of performace you are going to.....You could go stock turbo, 90Hp injectors, cold-air, Programmer and blow by a stock 5.9.....Or you could go AFE Blade-Runner Turbo, Twin CP3 pumps ,PPE Adjustable lift pump, AFE Exhaust Manifold, ARP Head Studs, ETC....

Brad :

But in my opinion, if you want power and dependability....I would go with 90Hp injectors, Programmer, AFE Exhaust Manfold,Cold Air, MAXX Flo intake...

Customer:

Well right now Im running a edge jucie with attitude programmer and hot unlock, MBRP 5in turbo back AFE cold air intake, and the banks high ram intake, and ATS exhaust manifold. my goal is 550hp but here is the kicker without the programer

Brad :

You have stock Injectors?

Customer:

I kind of started on this venture at a bad time cause I ended up getting shipped to afghanistan but now the plus side is i will have the money to do this right when i get back

Customer:

yes stock injectors i was looking at DDP or II stage 2 90 hp

Brad :

You can get away with 90Hp injectors for a while but just to be safe I would mod your cp3 with at least an Arson kit from Motorsport Diesel or bag of parts from Industrial Injection.

Brad :

There is no reason why you shouldnt be at 675+ with all your upgrades and 90hp injectors with the Arson Kit..

Brad :

Your Goal is 550? All you have to do is 90Hp injectors and you will be past that..

Brad :

Have I answered all of your questions?

Customer:

absolutely thank you for the help!

Brad :

You are more than welcome