jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

b250: ok i was talking to a guy vaniderstine

ok i was talking to a guy vaniderstine about a b250 van same problem still
hi, ok ,lets forget about the cam sensor code for the time being,did you do a compression check on all the cylinders ?,did you check also the spark from the coil to the distributor and from the dist to each of the plugs,also you may need to check the injector pulse on each injector , the cam code may be something different but we can get back to that later ,so I need you to check these other things and let me know what you get or have , the basics are often overlooked and the problem may be elsewhere,,if all these things are good then we can proceed to something different but at least we know the motor is soundand it is another issue .,,,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i cant ck those until sat but i dont have any codes i just see no cam sensor signal on scanner did cks on wiring ok then crank sig dissappered put in new one then cam sig dissappeared but like i said i'll ck those things and get back to ya because it does have a miss and stalls
ok, check those things and if all is good then will look more at the cam signal dropping out ,that may be a pcm issue ,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi guy,i ck'd compression 120-140 ck'd fire and each inj i pulled each inj wire to see a change ok # XXXXX plug looked like it was rich ? but it ildes ok just off idle it acts like a miss and at times when you come off high idle to reg idle it will stall there is no codes but looking at scanner it says cam sig yes with key on but after you start it and hit gas it goes to no sig. funny thing after i ckd for cont ck of wires from computer to cam sensor and 8 volt sig the crank sensor lost its sig so we replaced it then the cam sig disappeared again i'am really leaning towards the pcm like you said
ok, first lets try unplugging the speed sensor on the rear of the transmission,this shares the same 8 volts refference imput ,this may be taking away the 8 volts going to the cam sensor in the run position from the cap sensor,if that does not change then check the hots and grounds going to the pcm ,with the pcm connector disconnected,if all of those are there then it more than likely is a pcm issue,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
really this does have one code in it and its a overdrive code 44 or 45 ,i asked a trans guy about this but .well i'll try what you said and get back to ya i see the van this sat.also i'am gona bump this guy for a tip for all your help ty i'll get back to ya !
ok, I will be around ,if not I will keep checking my phone e-mails
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey me again same van finally got to disconnect speed sensor and at first it ran good and didnt loss cam sig. then put it in gear first rev lost sig then put it in drive and it stalled like i said there is a code 45 overdrive code ,now just so i'am understanding this you wanted the sensor where the speedo gear goes ? i remember chrysler stalling when put in rev and it was a bad converter but drive could this be two problems the trans and a pcm.
does this run down the road good ?and does it stall as soon as you put it in gear
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sometimes or it may miss ,it stalls when it fells like it ,but yes the last time it stalled as soon as it went into drive .when i first disconnected the speed sensor it ran fine just a very lite shake but i felt that may be mileage or from sitting no hard shake like before until we put her in rev last sig and started acting funny but my uncle also put it in drive right away then it stalled,if it wasnt for this guy being a retired vet man would he have a bill ,but i gota help you know again thanks for putting up with me .

here is some charts and flow charts for a no cma signal issue ,check these out ,

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

here is also the flow charts for a code 45

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

here is a chart for the ids at the pcm ,check these for the grounds and hots,

graphic

graphic

hi, did the charts help you ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well they will damn weather here plus i can only look at this on weekends . i'll be back in touch gota bring that tip i wont forget ya ,i depend on them too.
ok, let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok ck,d van this time i went under it instead of my uncle who wants to help .to do tests and this van doesnt have overdrive must be like my ramcharger a falsh code reconnected speed sensor and now it doesnt lose cam sig ? anyway i looked deeper spark on number six is orange with some blue this cly has 140 comp.and also ck,d fuel pressure high at 40 reg is back at tank so i disconnected vac line at eng for it and ckd vac too 20 in. isnt this to high and it doesnt change when you disconnect vac line,when i say to high i mean fuel pressure.and i also i got your tip 25 how do i get this to you.thanks again .
ok, the fuel pressure should be 39-41 lbs ,when the vacuum is applied to the regulator it should be around 31 lbs or so ,it may be that the vacuum at the tank is not there ,.... when you push the accept button ,you can also put a bonus in as well