Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner
22989858

2008 dodge avenger: flow..inlet..the water pump but it is ok 2.7..v6

Customer Question

we have a 2008 dodge avenger in ou shop now that no flow from the heater inlet, we thought the impeller was defective so we pulled out the water pump but it is ok 2.7 v6
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Checked to make sure the cooling system is getting up to temperature then remove one of the heater hoses and see if you have a good strong flow of coolant through what. Let me know what you find and we will test further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no flow coming from heater hose inlet
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we bypassed the heater core and still no flow from the water outlet
If the water pump is functioning properly , then the only other possibility is that you have a air trapped in the system you'll need to bleed the system more carefully possibly even forcing fluid through the heater hoses using a garden hose till you get all of the air from the system
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did that, its just bothering us that when u disconnect the heater hose inlet water just trickles out , dont u agree that from a 5/8 heater hose the should be volume to push water through the core, our thought now is that little bit of flow is normal and the even though flushed is paritally clogged
Exactly , that's why I want you to flow water directly through the entire system using a garden hose if if flows freely that means that we have no clog And if you say the Intel are is in good shape on the water pump and it is installed properly then we must have a air in the system not allowing the pump to flow the water

Just checking to see how you doing and if there's anything else I can do for you

Please press accept

And bookmark this link so you can reply back to me here anytime and we can continue testing there's no additional charge for any follow ups