TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

Dodge dakota: fuel pump..fuses..the hood shows a fuel relay slot that

Customer Question

I have an 01 dodge dakota that suddenly stopped working. After some checking I found that the fuel pump wasnt working which I replaced, but it did nothing. My problem is that the inside fuses have nothing marked fuel and the one under the hood shows a fuel relay slot that has nothing in it. There are 4 other box shaped fuses in the same area marked A on dthe fuse diagram. How can I locate the fuel fuses?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 5 years ago.

TIM :

hello, what year is your truck?

TIM :

never mind -- -- I see that it is an 01-- locate wiring harness from battery to firewall - open it up -- locat the red wire with white tracer and repair broken splice in this harness

Customer:
Ok ill check it out and get back with you in a while. Truck is 10 minutes away
TIM :

that is fine -- also -- if that checks out fine -- a faulty cranks sensor can shut off fuelpump

Customer:

where can I find that?

TIM :

lets check wiring fisrt-- crank sensor is located bell housing of the transmission

Customer:

Ok thanks Tim. Is there a fuse I should Check?

TIM :

no fuse for just pump--- but double check all under hood with a test light -- they have these always piggybacking other circuits -- but odds are this wire or crank sensor-- please keep me posted

Customer:

will do

TIM :

thanks,TIm

TIM :

it will also help if we can try to retrieve fault codes out of the engine controller

Customer:

ok I am going to need something more specific info on what im looking for. There are lots of places the wiring harness goes to. 4 to the plugs, 2 to the fuel intake, 2 more connecting to manifold. What am looking for and where excacly is it. There are a lot of things in between the firewall and battery

Customer:

Also are you talking about cutting the ties that hold the wires and pulling the plastic cover off the wires to find the red one with white tracers?

Customer:

Oh yes and tell me how to retrieve the codes please and ill try to get them

TIM :

with door closed -- cycle the key on and off three time -- do not crank engine -- third time leave in run position engine not running and look at odometer display-- the pcodes should be displayed there