bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

2005 DODGE NEON: BUT DOES NOW? ALSO COOLANT LEAKING OUT OF OVERFLOW.

WHY WOULD MY 2005 DODGE NEON NOT GO INTO ANY GEAR AT FIRST BUT DOES NOW? ALSO COOLANT LEAKING OUT OF OVERFLOW.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Is this an automatic transmission? If it is using a scan tool tell me what trouble codes are being stored in the memory of the PC M this is very commonly caused by a faulty solenoid pack on the transmission
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WHY WOULD I HAVE COOLANT COMING FROM THE OVERFLOW? THE CAR IS NOT OVERHEATING. ONLY ONE FAN IS COMING ON. IT IS AUTOMATIC BUT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A SCAN TOOL.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
ASKED A FOLLOW UP QUESTION AND GOT NO REPLY

hi i'm bill
welcome to just answer
please remember I am NOT there in front of you! my answers are based on your information.

coolant coming out of the is a big indication of the transmission cooler leaking into the radiator (actually quite common on the neon at least in the northeast where i am ) it would also explain the transmission problems, check the transmission fluid and see if it is very low and check the coolant for transmission fluid, if the transmission cooler is leaking fluid into the radiator the radiator must be replaced and the coolant flushed of all oil and the transmission flushed of all coolant special flushing equiptment is required for this, coolant is very damaging to the transmission it can eat the clutch material requiring a rebuild IF left in the transmission

bill, dodge master tech
Experience: 25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert