Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner

Dodge Charger: check engine light code P1004, what does this

Customer Question

check engine light code P1004, what does this mean?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

This trouble is often caused by a faulty pcm There is a TSB 18-003-07A that involves doing a Powertrain Control Module flash If the bulletin has been performed and the code continues to set, check all connections and wiring to the actuator.
If all of the above test good, remove the actuator from the intake and verify that the valve is not binding or sticking inside the intake plenum. There should be very little resistance with no binding.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is this issue serious enough to not drive the car. I have hade the odometer read GASCAP today after filling it with fuel. I have also hade the traction control do its thing today. Do these items have anything to do with that. If I disconnect the battery to reset the system, if in fact the valve may be sticking how long until the light should come back on or is this not a good idea to do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other. had more questions money already taken from account NOT SATISFIED
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
29 dollars has already been deducted from my account NOT SATISFIED.... Whould have been more grateful to spend more if my questions were answerd
Probably be OK to drive this to the dealer but I would not drive it very far at all not that it will necessarily do damage but it's very likely that you power and get stuck somewhere , I apologize I had signed work for about an hour to have earlier the deposit gets charged your credit card right away but I did not get paid are you press accept. I'm here as long as it takes to solve your problem and I will in answer all of your question