Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

94 dodge dakota: abs..brake light..bled..anti-lock valve assembly

Customer Question

94 dodge dakota v2 2wheel drive; problem ABS and brake light are on (occassional go off but routinely stay on.) Brakes (both front and back) bled. I notice that there is a little valve stem
at the the front and back of the anti-lock valve assembly and the front valve stem (front of
truck) is pushed out. I can press it back in with a screw driver but when i pump the brakes the
stem pops back out and the ABS and brake lights come back on.
What do these symptoms mean?>
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can help you with this. This can be caused by a failing master cylinder, or the ABS valve assembly itself. I see more master cylinders cause this symptom. If you are sure that the brake system was bled properly, Then replace the master cylinder and re bleed the system. If the problem persists, then go ahead and replace the ABS valve and again, re bleed the system.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still need your help. I have reblrd brakes, changed master cylinder and the proportioning valve. Still the ABS and brake light are on. It shouldn't be the sensor in the rear diff. Since the speedo works at all ranged of speed. Next step?

Sorry I have been out of the country for 3 weeks or so and could not respond to previous requests

Tim
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.
Actually I think your truck uses the speed sensor on the left rear of the transmission for speedometer operation so it may be a rwal speed sensor. Do you know how to check for abs codes on your truck?

Chris