Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner

2009 Dodge: the MOPAR Rear backup camera..pickup..NAV..Im guessing

I've installed the MOPAR Rear backup camera on my 2009 Dodge RAM pickup. There are three wires that plug into the NAV/Radio unit. The three wires are:

a) GY/LB - Camera signal
b) GY/OR - Camera return
c) Bare wire - Camera shield

I'm guessing wires a & c create the wire set for providing the video signal. How is the GY/OR wire uses (camera return).
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer was received
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.I don't understand exactly what your question is could you please give me a little more detail as to what you need to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you need. I did see that I misspelled the word "uses". It should have been "used". Does this help.

I'm guessing wires a & c create the wire set for providing the video signal. How is the GY/OR wire USED (camera return)?

I've subscribed to a monthly subscriptions do your "Pay the Deposit" line somewhat confuses me.
yes you are correct , but what are you trying to do here hook up a camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, what does the GY/OR (camera return) wire do? And yes, I'm installing a camera.
what is your vin number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can give you my VIN number but it won't be of much use. This is an add on so there is no association with my VIN and the backup camera.
Yes let me have that so I can see exactly which vehicle we're working with
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VIN: 1D3HB13T69S806121
The output of the camera is a video signal compatible to the National Television System Committee standard composite video M format, or NTSC-M. The video signal is delivered to the radio video display unit through the entire length of the vehicle by camera signal and the camera return circuits that are arranged as a twisted pair, with an additional grounded foil jacket to protect the video signal from corruption due to stray radiated signals within the vehicle environment. The ground shield is terminated only at the video display (radio) end, not at the camera. Portions of these video signal wires are contained within the liftgate lightbar wire harness, the liftgate wire harness, the body wire harness and a jumper harness located between the radio and the body harness connector below the instrument panel at the right cowl side inner panel.
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience: 30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner