Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2012 Ram 3500: it in but I cant find the plug for the block heater

I have a 2012 Ram 3500. I need to plug it in but I can't find the plug for the block heater. Where is located and/or how to I get to it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can help.

I just checking something, and will be right with you....
OK, looks like the block heater is an option, so if you can provide the last 9 digits of the VIN, I can see if your particular truck has one installed from the factory..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can see the block heater on the right side of the engine and Can see the cord running off of it. It's -2 outside and tracing wires with gloves on is proving to be a pain in the ass. According to the manual it's routed behind the passenger side head light.
Ok thanks. There is no designated spot where they may have routed the cord, but generally they end up at or near the battery, or, at or near the side of the radiator so it is easilt accesible once the hood is raied, and this is where the common placement is because it provides the easiest access.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks