quickcar
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+ years chrysler
17227360

Dodge Durango SLT: I am getting a P0302 error code. Autozone

I am getting a P0302 error code. Autozone tells me it is a #2 cylinder misfire. It is idling a bit rough...what is the most likely problem? $ repair?

quickcar :

hello and welcome to just answer

quickcar :

the most likely cause for that code and misfire would be a spark plug, it is also possible that the coil has failed or the wiring to the coil may have been cut or chewed on by a critter.

Customer:

Ok, what kind of labor and parts charge should that run me?

quickcar :

i would start with a visual inspection of the wiring and if that checks out i would pull the spark plug and switch it with the cylinder next to it, start the Jeep up and see if the code changes, if it does then the plug is the cause.If the code doesnt change then swap the coil and see if the code changes. I would recommend just doing the entire tune up if it is a plug and that can run around $300- $400 parts and labor and the coil could add $75-$100 to that total. It all depends on the parts prices in your area and the labor rates.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help