Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2003 ram 1500: rev past 3000 RPM...fuel pressure..drops below

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ram1500 with the 4.7 motor. It will not rev past 3000 RPM. The fuel pressure never drops below 45psi. It has a new TPS Sensor but the problem still persists
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is Mark. Please, realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me......

Has the check engine light turned on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but i have no way to extract the codes

Ok try this.

Sit inside with the door closed. Cycle the key ON OFF ON OFF ON..................leaving it on. Watch the mileage display and see if it changes to show a "P" and a 4 digit number.

Let me know what you get...........
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

P0304 is the code

Perfect. thanks. Ok, this code indicates a misfire on cylinder #4. This is the second cylinder from the front on the passenger side of the engine.

Start by replace the spark plug, and if need be you may need to pull the valve cover off and check the valve train components because sometimes we find the rockers have come off.

You can also swap the coil with a different cylinder and erase the code and see if the same code comes back or another one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One cylinder will cause the motor to pulsate like its on a rev limiter? Ill check it out.

Ok, let me know if you need anything else.