sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Dodge Ram 1500: car started..the lighting bolt and engine light

My car started flashing the lighting bolt and engine light on a long distance trip to my brother. I drive a dodge Ram 1500 2003 with a 5.7 L engine. the codes for the engine light were 2175 and 2106. Iv'e come to learn that these are related to the ETC I have replaced the MAP sensor and would like to replace the Throttle position sensor. However I can't find where it is. Some sources online say my truck year and engine don't use that part. Does my truck use this part and if so where is it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your truck has electronic throttle control. Inside the throttle body assembly there are actually two throttle position sensors, each working at a different voltage for redundancy and safety. The sensors are part of the throttle body and are only serviced with it. However, if one of the sensors had failed it would set a dedicated fault code for that since the powertrain control module is looking at the signals of both of the sensors and comparing them.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so are you saying that They do not need to be changed since they did not throw thier own dedicated code and if they did need to be repaired it is not a repair I could do at home because the throttle body has to be taken apart?

Replacing the TPS's isn't something you can do at all because they aren't serviceable. They're part of the throttle body.

No, there is no need to worry about the TPS's because there isn't a TPS code set.