jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

2000 Dodge Durango: rebuilt..whole engine..injector..problem continues

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango with 4.7 motor in it. Recently rebuilt the whole engine and got it up and running but now I have a P0206 code. Replaced the injector still the problem continues it seems to run pretty good other than when it's real cold not going up on a higher idle. I thought I'd replaced the IAC motor it does run little better but still at 4 degrees here in Anch tonight it only wants to run at about 800 rpm which is low at startup.
I've cleared the 0206 code a hundred times. I've checked for voltage at the connector and doesn't seem to be giving me 10 volts. I've got a new coil coming for #6 plug but won't be here for a day or two.. seems looking at a wiring diagram it shares a ground circuit and since it says it has a open in number 6 maybe possible...I'm open to anything, because other than the idle thing and the P0206 pop up the engine runs pretty smooth at about 2 grand...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 2 years ago.
hi, there is no way to check the coil to see if it is good ,so we usually will switch the coil with another coil from the same bank and clear the code ,then test drive it at least two road tests of 4-5 miles or until the check engine light comes on ,of using a scanner to monitor the misfires ,if the misfire or code shows up on the same cylinder then its not a coil issue ,if it shows up on the cylinder that you put the # 6 coil then the coil is bad ...guy..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
First I can't drive the car it's not license yet for the street. Second I'm not for sure it's the coil...I'm guessing. P0206 codes are fuel related...Codes that Start P03 usually are coil related...it's not really misfiring either..like I said it runs pretty well more smoother at a higher idle its okay at 800 also I've got the issue with why it won't go on a high idle when first started..at 4 degrees out it should be like my Ram truck with the same engine it's kicks over and high idles in the morning like at about 1200 rpm and then as it warms settles down.

BTW your picture is scary and you look like your going to kick someone ass and not a friendly and inviting pic.