quickcar
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+ years chrysler

2006 dodge durango slt: 4.7l..remove the bumper..diagrams or step

how do I change a foglight lense on a 2006 dodge durango slt 4.7l engine. It looks like I have to remove the bumper. Would I be able to get instructions with diagrams or step by step?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  quickcar replied 2 years ago.

quickcar :

hello and welcome to just answer

quickcar :

the first step as you guessed is to remove the front bumper cover or fascia.

quickcar :

to remove the bumper cover you have to first remove the grille and headlamps.

Expert:  quickcar replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  quickcar replied 2 years ago.

here is the procedure for removing the grille. first remove the push pin fasteners securing the upper radiator shroud/ closeout panel, this is the piece that runs on top of the grille and has the washer fluid opening in it. then remove the upper 4 bolts and the side clips for the grille finally remove the lower clips from underneath and then remove the grille.

and here is the procedure for removing the headlamps,

remove the access panel in the fender liner, then through the access hole remove the nut attaching the lamp to the fender then at the bottom of the front of the lamp remove the 2 bolts that secure the lamp to the fender reinforcement, then firmly pull the lamp straight forward to disengage the clips, disconnect the electrical connectors and your done with removing the lamps.

then to remove the fascia remove the wheel well fasteners that secure the fascia and then disengage the upper clips and remove the fascia.

once the fascia is remove here is the procedure for removing the fog lamp

Unscrew the adjustment screw (1) at the top of the fog lamp until it is disengaged from the bumper support.
Insert a trim stick or another suitable wide flat-bladed tool, between either side of the lamp and the side of the lamp seat in the bumper support.
Carefully pry the pivot pin on either side of the lamp out of its receptacle in the stanchion (3) within the seat of the bumper support.
Remove the lamp from the bumper support

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where is the rest of the answer,you have told me to remove the headlights and grille,but you have not answered how to remove the facia and bumper
Expert:  quickcar replied 2 years ago.
please review my question above to see the full procedure, sorry for the delay it was a bit lengthy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i not just remove the facia without taking off the grille and headlights
Expert:  quickcar replied 2 years ago.

no the procedure requires that those be removed first before the fascia will come off

quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10+ years chrysler