Neal
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth
17294534

car will be running fine then just shut off while going down the road.

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Is it acting like it is running out of fuel?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just quits. when is shuts off i pull over and try to start, i hear the fuel pump come on it seems to roll over faster than normal and after a few times or i am close to giving up on it it will start

Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.

I would check the fuel pressure first to rule it out. A weak pump can be intermittant.

I would also check for spark after it stalls to try and determine if it is spark or fuel that is the problem.

If it is spark I would try the crank sensor next.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i changed the crank sensor already
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.
OK, in your question you said cam sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
oh sorry and how do i check fuel pressure?
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.
There is a test port on the fuel rail, you may be able to get a loaner guage from the parts store.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ive heard that the pump may not quit all of a sudden but when i turn the ignition i can hear the pump come on.
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.
They are known to fail intermittently, where they stop and start but they can also intermittently lose pressure and even though the pump is running there will not be enough pressure for the injectors to work. But again this is just one possibility and not the definate problem by any means.
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience: 30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth