Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

Dodge dakota: the IAF/MAF sensor is on the 4.7ltr..4x4..chip

Customer Question

Can you tell me where and what it looks like the IAF/MAF sensor is on the 4.7ltr in a dodge dakota 4 door 4x4. I 'm going to attempt to install a G-Force chip and don't want to mess up. Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

This vehicle does not have a MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor. On this vehicle, the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor is a stand-alone, 2- wire sensor. The intake manifold air temperature (IAT) sensor (3) is installed into the driver's side of intake manifold plenum.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Another question. Is this the grey connector on the very tail end of the air induction box on top of the engine.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

It's on the intake manifold plenum, driver's side. The connector is dark grey and the 2 wire colors are: brown/white and dark blue/dark green (as shown in 2nd image above)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please bear with me, and I'm not being a smart elec. Where the black box on top of the engine hooks to the aluminum whatever on the motor there is a 2 wire connector with those color combinations you mentioned. I really don't see anything directly on the manifold itself, except what appears to me to be fuel injection apparatis.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.
Correct. That is it. There can only be one sensor with this 2-wire color combination. You've got it!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.
No problem at all! Glad I could help! Have a great day!