brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2004 Dodge: The heater fan..HVAC..intermitent..ignition switch

2004 Dodge 1500 RAM. The heater fan was not running but the HVAC control was working fine. I replaced the fan, then later because the fan was intermitent I replaced the ignition switch. BEFORE I replaced the switch the HVAC stopped working. (no AC light, no motor control, no heated mirrors). THe fan now comes on in the run position but the hvac appears dead. New HVAC controller? (fuse 36 is good)
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Yes from all that has been done and the description you most likely need a control head. You would have to check for voltage to the control head to know for sure but most likely it needs replaced
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pulling out the instrument panel is required to check that voltage. Egh. Not sure I want to do that part. I can't even find the damn screws that hold it in. :)
True...... it can be a little bit of a job but from the description this is what needs done.