Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

Dodge Avenger 2009 DODGE AVENGER 2.4L INTAKE DIAGNOSTIC CODE

2009 DODGE AVENGER 2.4L INTAKE DIAGNOSTIC CODE: P2017 / P2004
It was recommended by dealer that i replace the intake manifold flow valve but i just want to buy the part and have someone else put it in but i'm having difficulty identifying it online... Not to saavy w/ mechanics

Hello, the Intake manifold flow valve is only serviced as part of the intake manifold, what you'll need to purchase is an intake manifold, it'll come with the flow valve and actuator motor already installed on the intake.

Most any technician should be able to replace it for you, it takes about an hour to change. One problem you may run into is that you're supposed to recalibrate the electronic throttle system after replacement, unfortunately very few shops outside of the dealer have the equipment to perform the recalibration procedure.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So couldn't i just pay for someone to change out the manifold and take it to the dealer for recalibration...

You can do that, after it's installed you might even find that it runs fine without the recalibration.

My only fear is that after you pay someone, then pay the dealer to perform the recalibration you might be at the same cost as just having the dealer perform the job.