Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

Dodge Durango SLT How do I deactivate my factory alarm system

Customer Question

How do I deactivate my factory alarm system on my 1999 dodge durango slt without the factory key fab or key. All I have is an aftermarket cut key for the truck and I locked the doors electronically from the inside then opened with key and now the security system is in freak out mode.

I need this truck running ASAP
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can help you with this. Aparrently the arm/disarm switches which are mounted to the back of the lock cylinders have failed or fell off of the lock cylinders. Remove the driver's door panel and see if the little switch came off. Try to reattach it or replace it. Turning the door key should disarm the system. This vehicle did not have a securtity SKIM key, so the key itself is not the problem. If you need the procedure to remove the door panel, then let me know and I will send it to you.