Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Dodge 1500 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 5.7 Front brake clips I

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 5.7
Front brake clips
I have installed the clips on each end of the brake shoe but there are two extra clips that are shaped differently than the others in my kit. Do you have a diagram of where these two other clips go?

here is diagram showing anti-rattle clip locations:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I already have that diagram but it does not show where these 2 extra clips go.

I have attached a couple of pictures of the clips for your reference.

They dont go anywhere. I have replaced these brakes hundreds of times and those are not part of your front brakes. there are only the 4 anti-rattle clips shown on the diagram, and no others.

no reason for them to be in your package except being packaged wrong
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I bought the package from Advanced Auto Parts and the part number is XXXXX

I don't want to put the wheel back on until I am absolutely sure. Will you take a look on their website for this part because these extra clips are in the image they show as part of the package so I don't think they are packaged wrong.

ok, got a better look from their image. those are wear indicators. If the pad you purchased dont have a wear indicator on them, then you use these. They will clip onto pad, then then the anti rattle clip. They go on the bottom of the inboard pad

factory kit doesnt contain them as the factory pads have the wear indicator, which is why i havent seen them in a kit before, and why the diagram doesnt show them as they are part of the factory pads