sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge RAM 2500 Quad Cab My power locks do not work until I

My power locks do not work until I turn on the ignition of the truck (2004 Dodge Ram 2500 - Diesel). Also, I can't get power to my radio (even after turning on ignition). I checked all fuses and none were blown. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These things are powered by the IOD circuit. You could have a blown fuse, internal power distribution center problem, or a broken/corroded wire.

It's most likely a blown fuse, and the first thing I'll have to do is send you back to check the fuses again. The IOD is in a black plastic holder that allows it to be popped out but remain in position for quick reinstallation. Since it's in this plastic holder it's often overlooked when checking fuses. To check the IOD fuse you would have to pop the holder up and then use a small screwdriver or pick to open the window on top the holder, then pull the fuse out and check it.

If you've already done this then you have a deeper electrical problem. If you haven't found and checked the IOD fuse then the first thing you'll need to do is go back and check it, because it's very likely blown.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure I know where the IOD fuse is located? Is it in the fuse box?
Yes, all fuses are in the power distribution center under the hood.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What fuse is the IOD fuse then? I don't see it in the fuse diagram on the power distribution center under hood
It should be fuse 51.