DBAutomotive, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I believe I can be of assistance to Dodge clients. I have been exposed to most all makes and models in my 8 years of experience.

2005 Dodge dakota: I am replacing rear brake

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge dakota 4 wd 4.7l.I am replacing rear brake shoes and Hardware.I was told chrysler changed the set-up to a 2 spring set-up different to the original.Where do the springs attach on the replacement shoes?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  DBAutomotive replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

HERE are the work instructions. I haven't heard of an updated rear assembly. Drum brakes are pretty straight forward and have been dialed-in over the years. Any refinements would more commonly come during a body change or model change period.

Also I would double check the parts you got from the parts supplier. I have been burned from one after market company to the next. Smaller name companies have gotten parts close but not quite right and have made doing the repair difficult. I have had to return to the parts place and purchase a different name brand just to complete the repair.