An got it checked - had broken diaphram which they said was caused

I have had issues with my VP44 pump over the lasr year. Replaced it, made it 432 miles before it died. Sent it back to dealer an got it checked - had broken diaphram which they said was caused by air in the system. Replaced all the fuel lines from the tank to the lift pump (had replaced lift pump at time of injction pump replacement), replaced the filter and o-rings. Re-installed pump and within a couple of months it started acting up again. Sen it back to them and they tested it. Sent me a print out stting "no comunication with crank position sensor". Replaced CPS and it ran fine again for a couple of hundred miles. Now it start good cold but I have to crank it when warm. Could my Inlet Air Temp Sensor be the cause? I have no fuel leaks that I can detect and 12 to 15 psi running fuel pressure depending on load and speed. Truck runs great when started - good power and accelleration - no bogging or stuttering and no codes. Ideas???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX vp44 motors, there is not much to cause it start hard hot, but not cold, the only thing that will cause this is a bad lift pump, which you said had 12 to 15 psi, which means it good, or a defect in the vp44, most likely the printed circuit board in the vp44, this is very common, most rebuilt vp44 dont get new printed circuit board, they reuse the old ones, the only ones I know of that replace this is the Blue Chips, and they are 300 dollars more then other rebuilds, where did you get the rebuilt vp44?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
H & H Diesel in Milton, Washington. A neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington. They sold me the pump with a 12 month warranty which I am 11 months into. Warranty ends Sept 20th roughly. Should I jerk it back out and send it back to them AGAIN!!!
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
I ould, and request that printed circuit board be replaced, this is common on the VP44's, eversince they changed the fuel, it does not have the lubrication in it any more, so the VP44 relies on the fuel for colling and lubrication, on another note, on all our VP44 vehicles, we add 1 ounce of 4 stroke oil per gallon of diesel, this will prevent future problems with the VP44, get the cheapest 4 stroke oil, add about a quart to 32 gallons, i have been doing this for years, and it works incredibly, also consider getting the airdog lift pump, the lift pumps on these are the weak spot, and if it fails, will take out the VP44, the airdogs are gauranteed for life and are superior pumps,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not been consistent with adding a lubricant to my fuel but have used Marvel Mystery oil, and the Lucas fuel additive. Are these acceptable additives?? Also, I am unfamiliar with the "airdog" pump. Can you give me any more info on them - source or website??
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
The marvel mystery oil and lucas are ok, but not cost effective, i get the supertech at walmart for about 10 dollars a galon, and it works great, the air dog pump can be found online,they are a frame mounted pump, with its own filter and a air seprator, they improve mileage and power, they run about 490 dollars, but you will save that on fuel filter eplacement alone, they have a spin on filter that cost about 5 dollars and are a whole lot easier to replace, i have installed at a hundred of these and have never had one fail, i have over 200k on the one on my 1999, and it still performs flawlessly, just google Airdog fuel pumps, they make 2 different models, a 100 and a 150 gph, if you dont have any mods on the truck you dont need the 150, get the 100, we get ours from ,tim