sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2004 dodge: lighting bolt..shuts..my truck makes a ruff bogging noise

I would like too know about a lighting bolt light that comes on in my 2004 dodge ram it shuts all gas power to my trottle and my truck makes a ruff bogging noise
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What is the 8th digit of your VIN?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hold on i need to get it
do you want the frist 8 or the last 8

The 8th digit from the beginning.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1D7HA18D
The 8th digit is D; you have a 5.7 engine.

That's the electronic throttle control (ETC) light. It comes on when the powertrain control module (PCM) sees a problem somewhere that can affect it's ability to control engine RPM.

The first thing that will need to be done is see what fault codes have set in the PCM. There are many things that will cause the ETC light to come on. The stored fault codes will tell where to start diagnosis. It could be anything from the accelerator pedal position sensor to the throttle body, PCM itself, wiring, MAP sensor, an intake restriction or vacuum leak, etc.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would a manual give me the same information you just gave me about that lighting bolt light that comes on in panel
A manual would simply tell you what the indicator means, that it's the electronic throttle control light.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you!
You're welcome! If I have been helpful clicking the Accept button will give me credit for helping you. Good luck with your truck!