snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

Reset the abs-brake lite after replacing the master cylinder

how do you reset the abs-brake lite after replacing the master cylinder
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  snapontech replied 2 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

Normally this light should not be on unless there is a fault

snapontech :

The system should automatically shut the light off after a few key cycles

snapontech :

You can reset the battery for 5 minutes this will reset the computer or use a scan tool. But first make sure the electrical connections at the master cylinder are connected good and tight

Customer:

when talking to my niehbor i had a lite pressure on my brakes. the pedal went down just a bit but turned on the lites new master cylinder but still the lites are on

snapontech :

I suspect you have a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors

snapontech :

You should check them and clean/replace as needed. Sometimes they will get broken or corroded this will cause the light to be on. Also check the wires to the sensors they could be broke or have a bad connection

Customer:

had no prob til the pedal went down i know the m/c bypassed but what magic turns off the lites?????

snapontech :

You will need to reset the battery

snapontech :

If the lights dont go away then there is a electrical issue in the system

Customer:

one of the metering valves has a cap on it is there push pin in there to reset

snapontech :

no you unplug the battery wait 5 mins then reconnect

Customer:

so no f&#$-in with the computer?????

snapontech :

no if you had a scan tool you could reset there but without it you just have to do the battery reset

Customer:

I can do that easy....but it is a dodge.... I have had zero probs whith this truck compared to the unfortunate... i"ll try it now. whats your bet.

snapontech :

I hear you!

snapontech :

Should work unless there is another error in the system

snapontech :

Which can be checked if needed give it a try

Customer:

just know it started with the m/c going down just a bit... but it did turn on the lites...never a prob before!!!!

snapontech :

yeah they want to make sure it throws a code to warn you of a problem

snapontech :

Fault monitor system

Customer:

Don't mind the codes...just which the basterds would have some simple way to get them off....you know???

snapontech :

Exactly

snapontech :

Computers

Customer:

Going out to try your battery trick. whats your bet.......

snapontech :

lol I dont gamble

snapontech :

But I bet it will work

Customer:

thats what i want to here......got a phone # XXXXX case??????

snapontech :

You can reply to me on here after you give it a try

snapontech :

i will be here when you get back

Customer:

Can't lose....be back soon!!!

snapontech :

no problem

snapontech :

Let me know how it goes I may be away but if it works click accept if not I will help you get to the bottom of the code

Customer:

dude you rock.....lites are out!!!!!

snapontech :

Nice

snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.