Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE L1, Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Tech, 18 yrs exp

2005 dodge: ac..blows..vents,i have changed the ignition switch module

Customer Question

my 2005 dodge ram ac blows but not hard through vents,i have changed the ignition switch module..
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Matt Hardy replied 3 years ago.

Matt Hardy :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Matt.

Matt Hardy :

The most likely cause for this (high blower speed, but lack of volume out the vents) is a broken recirculation door.

Matt Hardy :

It is common for the recirculation door to break off and block the blower inlet.

Matt Hardy :

To check this, remove the blower motor, then look UP thru the opening with a flashlight, and see if the recirc door is loose or broken off.

Customer:

can i change it

Customer:

can i fix the problem

Customer:

does the 2003 dodge have a egr valve? i ask because i get a stall everynow and then with no trouble code,

Matt Hardy :

If the door is broken, I recommend to simply pull it out thru the blower opening for the time being.

Matt Hardy :

Replacing the recirc door requires pulling the dash back.

Matt Hardy :

Normally the 4.7L does not have an EGR valve

Customer:

whats causeing my truck to stall every couple of days.

Matt Hardy :

does it stall when coming to a stop, or at any speed?

Customer:

only right after i start it and roll a couple of feet, or at a stop some times never at speed

Customer:

not really at a stop but pulling out of a stop

Matt Hardy :

can you prevent the stall with more throttle?

Matt Hardy :

Have you ever cleaned the throttle body?

Matt Hardy :

How are you checking the codes?

Customer:

it will not give a code, i have never cleaned the throttle body, it just stalls and i don't have a chance to give it some times but sometimes i can kepp it going with more throttle

Matt Hardy :

I would try cleaning the throttle body. It costs very little, is easy to do, and it usually helps. Do you know how to do this?

Matt Hardy :

Here's a video:

Matt Hardy :

Let me know what you find on the recirc door.