snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

3500 dodge: 05 model have a code p0299,p380,p0672 had new o2 sensor

i have 3500 dodge sprinter 05 model have a code p0299,p380,p0672 had new o2 sensor so i installed it did not fix any help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

Code P0299 This is not a valid code for Sprinter. The generic meaning is an under boost problem. Check the turbo charger for being seized or oil leaking into the ducting. Be sure to check all the boost pressure ducting for leaks as well. There is a part called a resonator that attaches to the turbo charger that can leak, it is made of plastic. If no leaks can be found, then a compatible scan tool will have to be used to get the "Sprinter" code from it in order to diagnose it further.

Customer:

there is a sign of oil not much but if it is leaking will that cause turbo to shut off then when i erase code it takes off again. happens mostly when really warm out side.

snapontech :

Normally a oil leak will not cause this.

snapontech :

P0380

snapontech :

1. Use a 12 gauge wire with a 20 amp inline fuse to jumper B+ to test each glow plug for about 10 seconds.

2. If the fuse blows within the 10 second test, replace that glow plug.

3. Replace the glow plug control module if it does not send B+ out to all glow plugs.

snapontech :

The code P0672 is also within the glow plugs

snapontech :

Most likely you have a problem with the glow plug control module

snapontech :

Then for the P0299 there is a leak in the turbo system air

snapontech :

You will need to run the test check the glow plugs if they check out when you jump them go ahead and replace the glow plug control module

snapontech :

The you will need to come up with a boost leak tester or have a shop run the boost leak test

Customer:

ok i will look for air leaks hope can find there are few repair shops here that can diagnose or fix

snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.