Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

2005 Dodge magnum: front lower control arm bushing

What should it cost to replace a front lower control arm bushing on a 2005 Dodge magnum?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

On this vehicle, the front lower control arm bushings are not servicable seperately from the control arm if it is a 2WD. The control arm must be replaced as a unit (the new control arm comes with new bushings). If the vehicle has AWD, the lower control arm sells for around $414 and the labor time guide calls for just about 2 hours to complete the job. If it is not AWD, the control arm sells for around $217 and the labor time guide calls for 1.2 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. For this kind of job, and in this economy, a "fair" labor rate is around $75-$95 per hour.