Thomas
Thomas, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic with 15 years exp.
3090273

2010 Dodge Ram 2500: Cab..My check engine light..code reader

I own a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4 x4 Laramie Mega Cab with a 6.7 cummins diesel engine. My check engine light is on so I hooked it up to one of those diagnostics code reader and it generated 3 codes but only one had a description. I am wanting to know what these codes mean.
P2262
P2457
P0481 Exhaust Gas

Thomas :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you fix your automotive problem today. I am getting the info you want know.

Customer:

Thanks,

Customer:

I really hope that you will be able to tell me what those codes mean

Thomas :

P2262-TURBOCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE NOT DETECTED - MECHANICAL

Thomas :

P2457-EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION COOLING SYSTEM PERFORMANCE

Thomas :

I am still looking for the P0481 are you sure that is the code #?

Thomas :

It is not in the manual?

Thomas :

The other 2 codes show that you have a bad turbo or turbo actuator on the P2262. The p2457 says the egr cooling system is not working as it should. It could be a restricted EGR cooler.

Customer:

the sun was making it very hard to see the screen so it is very possible that I read one of the numbers wrong. Although, I do know that it was the only code that it gave a description for. It was Exhaust gas. I hope that helps

Thomas :

Ok that does make sense for it to be for the EGR system the code # XXXXX XXXXX to P0481. It goes hand in hand with the other code P2457. If the EGR cooler is restricted it will not flow exhaust gas as it should and set both of those codes.

Thomas :

It sounds like soot build up has clogged your turbo and your EGR cooler but I would have to look at sensor input with a scan tool to confim this.

Thomas :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer:

thank you. You have been very helpful. I doubt you can help me with another problem that I have with this truck. Why cant I get the truck to drive straight. I have had numerous alignments and never has it driven straight. Is there any after market products that can resolve this issue. I have already put adjustable ball joints and they made an improvement but it did not completely fix it.