Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

2007 Dodge: power windows stopped working..driver side..assembly

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber, all of the power windows stopped working. No power at driver side switch control assembly.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me......

Can I assume you have tested the pink/brown wire at the driver's side switch for voltage using a volt meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. Power is there to operate the power door locks, but no power to the window control assembly. Does power come thru a fuse pannel or from a module?
If you have power on that wire, then the switch is getting power to operate the windows as well, so you may just have a bad master switch on the driver's door.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The complete switch has been replaced. The same symptom exists with both assemblies.
Ok, so you'll need to test for power and ground at the window motor when you operate the switch, then. Let me know what you get.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a schematic for the Caliber power windows? I have one for the Durango which is a little different.
Sure........CLICK HERE to download it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The file I received was for 2 pages page 1 had schematic for two windows {driver and passenger} page 2 is blank. The caliber is a foor door.
If all 4 windows are not working, you don't need to test all 4 doors. Once you test one door you will be able to determine the problem.

If you really need the rear door schematic click HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the info.. But I needed to know how the lock-out switch was wired in to the back doors. I could really use the pin outs info. on the two molex connertors that plug to the driver side switch control unit. Also could you advise me as to where the Totally

Intergrated Power Module is physically located?

Thank you for your assisance.

The lock out switch affects the passenger door and the rear doors and if you look in the first diagram I sent you will see 6 and 7 are "lock and unlock"...........that is the lock out switch. In the unlock position you see power is allowed to flow to the passenger switch......and the rears.

The TIPM is the main underhood fuse box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have the pin outs......sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have already clicked Accept Answer. I appreciate your helpful information. I am sure I

will be able to locate the solution now. Thank you very much!

You're most welcome!.........