jeepmopar76, Dodge/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master Tech,9 yr Chrysler Master Tech, 13 years Dodge dealership service

2004 Dodge Neon: The front motor mount is shot..already replaced

I have a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT. The front motor mount is shot. I have a replacement and have already replaced the rear mount which secures the transmission. The problem is that the front mount goes into a hole in the frame. It is almost two inches deep. There is insufficient access between the motor and the frame to get the mount out or to put the new one in. Surely you do not have to pull the motor to get this mount in, but I cannot tell any way to fit it in with the motor in place.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your Dodge question.

Sorry, but there is no way to replace this mount without pulling the engine. Poor design.