Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge technician

Dodge Ram 2500 TRX4 2006 dodge diesel code P0148 and P0191

2006 dodge diesel code P0148 and P0191 at the dealer for a week engine light still on help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept.

With as new as your truck is it may just be the fuel pressure sensor. Your pressure would have to be more than 870 psi on the fuel rail pressure to high.

Other possible causes are

• Fuel leaks
  • Fuel control actuator
  • Fuel pressure sensor
  • Cascade overflow valve
  • Check valve damaged or blocked
  • fuelk return lines. obstruction, damage, or debris
  • Lift pump flow
  • Air in fuel system
  • Leaking fuel injectors or high pressure connectors
  • Pressure limiting valve
  • High pressure fuell pump
  • Intermittent condition

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the dealer changed two injectors (leaking raw fuel) I would think that in the testing, rail pressure would have been checked and compared to the sensor out put.

The light came on at 55 on the hwy under a light load. The truck runs fine and has power.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
    Well I was thinking the injector tips which the dealer would also check to see if they are dirty I was just thinking outside the box. They can run some injector cleaner through it and run it under heavy load to break the debree away from the tips This is a common problem this system does not like long idle times and will stop the injector tips up.if running the cleaner through it doesnt fix it you will need to have a dealer do a injector power flush on the system. Its not a diagnosis that would stump a dealer they may be bumping you for another repair or running your bill up.